Martin Castillo writes: > On 29.01.2018 18:00, Ludovic Courtès wrote: >> Hi Martin, >> >> Martin Castillo skribis: >> >>> i have a problem with the ssh-service. I want it to autostart on system >>> boot. >>> >>> my configuration is (similar to) desk,nossh.scm. >> >> I tried this config in ‘guix system vm’ and sshd is automatically >> started on boot, as can be seen with ‘herd status ssh-daemon’ etc. >> >> Does this config work for you in ‘guix system vm’? > > No. > > >> Could you check /var/log/shepherd.log? It will tell you which services, >> besides sshd, failed to start. >> >> ‘ssh-daemon’ depends only on ‘syslogd’, so as long as ‘syslogd’ is >> started, ‘ssh-daemon’ should start. >> > > I checked /var/log/shepherd.log. Only user-homes and ssh-daemon could > not be started. > > Has this maybe to do with missing randomness to create keys? (Even > though there are already server keys.) > > Maybe shepherd should store the output of launched programs? Is that > really not possible? I can't be the first one to need that. > > Martin I have experienced this problem as well. SSH daemon fails to start, but unfortunately Shepherd has nothing useful to say about why. If I ever find a way to reproduce it reliably, I'll share that info. I think multiple people have reported this problem on IRC. It can't be a coincidence... -- Chris