Ricardo Wurmus writes: > That’s because the package version itself is insufficient. In Guix > we’re dealing with package “variants”. Where is the concept of a package "variant" defined? I briefly grepped in the source but only found some ad-hoc stuff for Python and OCaml, which actually do some kind of stuff with the package-properties. > Guix will never upgrade a package to the same variant, but it can > happen that there are different variants for the same version of a > package. > > That’s usually because inputs to these packages have changed, which > results in a new package output in the functional package management > model. The version stays the same, but since the inputs have changed, > the output will be different and thus end up in a new directory. How can the inputs have changed if Pierre is just running "guix package -u" repeatedly? -- Chris