all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* VTE 0.55.0
@ 2019-01-31  6:06 brettg
From: brettg @ 2019-01-31  6:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guix devel

Hi all,

I am working on trying to package a newer version of the GNOME virtual
terminal lib (VTE). I have mostly copied the previous version as a
starting point. When I try to build it, it is throwing an error saying
that I need to use a C++17 compliant standard in the compiler. Okay, no
problem, so I try to pass a configuration flag to enable the g++17 std.
However, when I do this it is accepting that as a valid configuration
parameter, but the configuration is still saying that it is not C++17
compliant.

I tried to see if Ricardo had something for this in his wip gnome
branch, but it does not seem like he does. So here I am.

(define-public vte
   (package
     (name "vte")
     (version "0.55.0")
     (source (origin
               (method url-fetch)
               (uri (string-append "mirror://gnome/sources/" name "/"
                                   (version-major+minor version) "/"
                                   name "-" version ".tar.xz"))
               (sha256
                (base32

"064hvyx7w8l2lnwca28n7bbrks2ivqgd7h82nrp3gpx54bdr1n3f"))))
     (build-system gnu-build-system)
     (native-inputs
      `(("pkg-config" ,pkg-config)
        ("intltool" ,intltool)
        ("vala" ,vala)
        ("gobject-introspection" ,gobject-introspection)
        ("glib" ,glib "bin") ; for glib-genmarshal, etc.
        ("gperf" ,gperf)
        ("xmllint" ,libxml2)))
     (propagated-inputs
      `(("gtk+" ,gtk+)                             ;required by
vte-2.91.pc
        ("gnutls" ,gnutls)                         ;ditto
        ("pcre2" ,pcre2)))                         ;ditto
     (arguments
      `(#:configure-flags '("CXXFLAGS=-std=c++17")))
     (home-page "https://www.gnome.org/")
     (synopsis "Virtual Terminal Emulator")
     (description
      "VTE is a library (libvte) implementing a terminal emulator widget
for
GTK+, and a minimal sample application (vte) using that.  Vte is mainly
used in
gnome-terminal, but can also be used to embed a console/terminal in
games,
editors, IDEs, etc.")
     (license license:lgpl2.1+)))

-------

checking whether g++ supports C++17 features by default... no
checking whether g++ supports C++17 features with -std=gnu++17... no
checking whether g++ supports C++17 features with -std=gnu++1z... no
checking whether g++ supports C++17 features with -std=c++17... no
checking whether g++ supports C++17 features with +std=c++17... no
checking whether g++ supports C++17 features with -h std=c++17... no
checking whether g++ supports C++17 features with -std=c++1z... no
checking whether g++ supports C++17 features with +std=c++1z... no
checking whether g++ supports C++17 features with -h std=c++1z... no
configure: error: *** A compiler with support for C++17 language
features is required.

thanks for your help

Brett Gilio

* Re: VTE 0.55.0