Ludovic Courtès writes: > Tests are supposed to be deterministic, so as such, it makes sense for > tests to be normal derivations, as is currently the case. Makes sense. I actually hadn't realized that the Guix test suite (those run with 'check' rather than 'check-system') were also derivations until you mentioned it. It seems like looking at the implementation there would give me a better idea of how to structure my tests. > In that spirit, we should instead tweak so that we > can instruct it to build an autonomous VM with its own store. I like that idea. There's a 'system-qemu-image/shared-store-script', but no 'system-qemu-image-script', so I'll have to take what I did for my test suite experiments and turn it into something proper. > OTOH, we could also have ‘container-eval’, similar to ‘remote-eval’, > which would be useful for effectful code, such as code that needs to > interact with the daemon. Food for thought! 'container' in the sense of 'guix environment' containers?