Hi Konrad, Konrad Hinsen skribis: > When running Guix in a docker image, I get systematic failures for > starting several services: syslogd, nscd, openssh. It turns out that in > all these cases the daemons are started, but so slowly that shepherd > declares a failure before they are fully operational. > > I managed to fix this for syslogd by setting #:pid-file-timeout to 30 > s. But I don't see a similar parameter for nscd and openssh, and > moreover it seems more reasonable to increase the timeout for all > services. Is this possible? I didn't find anything in the Shepherd > manual. ‘read-pid-file’ in the Shepherd has a hard-coded default value of 5 seconds. You can change it for each service, but there’s currently no way to change the default value globally. The patch below adds a SRFI-39 parameter in the Shepherd that would allow you to change the default PID file delay globally. Then, on the Guix side, we could provide a configuration option “somewhere” (where?) to set that. Or, you could simply add a Shepherd service that modifies that value before any other service is started. Thoughts? Thanks, Ludo’.