Brett Gilio writes: > Marius Bakke writes: >> >> ...I'm fairly certain this is not an acceptable license for Guix, or >> free software distributions in general. >> > > This is definitely not a consistent license for us. Having re-read the original text (without the annotations), the thing that stands out is: Proprietary software companies wishing to use or incorporate Covered Software within their programs must contact Licensor to purchase a separate license. Open source developers who wish to incorporate parts of Covered Software into free software with conflicting licenses may write Licensor to request a waiver of terms. From . So a "proprietary software company" cannot use or incorporate nmap within a program, even if that program is free (as in software)? >> So I think we should revert the license change, as well as the update >> to 7.90 which introduced the new license. >> >> Now to read the previous license text, perhaps that will help me sleep.. >> > > > As to how to fix it, I think we will need to revert the change, and also > make note of the FINAL version of nmap that was still compliant with FSDG. I'll see what licensing@fsf.org has to say first. PS: Licenses make terrible bed-side reading!