Hi Tobias, Thank you very much for taking the time to review the blog post! Tobias Platen writes: > On Fri, 09 Apr 2021 00:59:44 +0200 > Léo Le Bouter wrote: > >> On Thu, 2021-04-08 at 09:37 -0700, Chris Marusich wrote: >> > They also say in that Twitter thread: "We have been putting together >> > our >> > systems from blob-free components only (sans NIC as is known and >> > being >> > actively worked), and this is an area where no low-cost blob-free >> > silicon is available right now." >> > >> >> I've been using the Free Software firmware replacement for the NIC >> since a while now and it's working great: >> https://github.com/meklort/bcm5719-fw/ > > I've install that firmware on my Talos II and I can confirm that it works. > I have reviewed 0001-website-drafts-Add-powerpc64le-linux-announcement.patch and it looks good. > It would be good to mention the Libre-SoC project(https://libre-soc.org/), which might be a good target for the future. I think that project is interesting, but I don't think I'll add a section expliclty mentioning it in the post this time. I originally did discuss RISC-V in passing, but it felt out of place, since the focus of the blog post is really on the POWER9 support. The blog post is already quite long, so I tried to cut out what I could. I appreciate the suggestion, though. I hope that somebody will try porting to Libre-SoC as well, and RISC-V, too! -- Chris