I don't know anything about gnu.org's availability, but if you want to download sources ahead of time you can do so with the guix build --sources flag. It will download the source of a package or derivation and put it in the store. For instance, you could download the sources of a package manifest and all of its transitive dependencies with the following: guix build --sources=transitive --manifest=manifest.scm I'm not sure how something fully offline would work though, as the sources for all Guix packages would take up a massive amount of disk space. The number of packages each person would want offline would also depend on how much disk space they are willing to give up. w96k@riseup.net writes: > Hello. Looks like Guix website (guix.gnu.org) and guix ci in cli > (can't > pull and install packages from ci.guix.gnu.org) doesn't work > without a > tor for some users from Russia including me. Gnu.org works fine > without > a tor. > > The website is not blocked by Russian government (at least looks > like > so): > > https://www.isitblockedinrussia.com/?host=guix.gnu.org > > As far as I know they block it by domain address, but I might be > wrong. > > I want to ask guix server location and ask is it some kind of > ban from > guix server side or not? Maybe guix server provider or > government bans > some russian ips now. Everything works fine through tor for me > and some > ru users. It would be sad to stop using guix system because of > war > issues. > > Also it is kinda related to GNU's freedom #1, because not > everyone can > access the code and the compiled software via internet > connection: "The > freedom to study how the program works, and change it so it does > your > computing as you wish (freedom 1). Access to the source code is > a > precondition for this." > > On a related note, do you think it might be a good idea to make > offline > guix distribution? Looks like Russia has a danger of internet > shutdowns > or china-like internet limitations. It can be organized like > /gnu/sources/ folder with source code of many packages and when > package > name is present them, guix would choose to build from source > without > trying to connect to the servers or something like it. Just an > idea. > > Thanks in advance. > > > > [2. image/png; guix.png]...