Liliana Marie Prikler writes: > Am Donnerstag, dem 04.08.2022 um 15:52 +0300 schrieb muradm: >> >> Liliana Marie Prikler writes: >> >> > [...] [L]ooking at the two patches, it appears they are to >> > be used in combination? >> > >> No, technically they are not strongly dependent on each other, >> could be applied one after another in no particular order. >> After both are applied, in cooperation they address this issue. > This is what I'm saying, albeit in different words. As far as I > understand, neither of these patches really accomplishes > anything if > not put together. Thus, you more or less opened three issues to > address one. Really I don't know what to comment here else. My analysis showed two independent issues, one is that seatd should have a declared group so that users of it could join it. This issues is not specific to greetd/greeter in any way. Any other greeting mechanism could fall short on this. And second, greeter today required conditional group to interact with seatd, or it could be any other group like input, usb, modem or else depending on user setup. Solutions are offered accordingly. Third issue, this bug I was asked to open. I don't understand, is it a sin to have multiple issues, or what is the problem here? > >> > >> seatd it self has to run as root. > Okay. > >> That TODO is from the initial commit, it is about cgroup file >> system mounting, and totally out of scope of this issue. > I didn't mean your code, I meant a suggestion from a reviewer > that you > haven't addressed yet (to my knowledge at least). done > > Cheers