Hi Ludo, Ludovic Courtès writes: > Hello Guix! > > I have good news and bad news. > > The bad news is that an image built with: > > ./pre-inst-env guix system image -t hurd-qcow2 \ > gnu/system/examples/bare-hurd.tmpl > > fails to boot: it hangs right at: > > (system* "/hurd/mach-defpager") > > Basically, ‘system*’ doesn’t work at the early-boot REPL. This > was not surprising given , but > it is now that I’ve fixed it. I’ve also confirmed that the same > binary works on a “current” (master) childhurd, which means it > could be something with the new ‘exec’ server or anything in between. > I think we can keep investigating that separately. > > The good news is that ‘--target=i586-pc-gnu’ is back to life. :-) > Compared to Josselin’s initial patch set, I made the following changes: > > • MiG is built from a tarball (which I’ll upload to > ftp.gnu.org/gnu/guix/mirror after review); building from > Git introduces a circular dependency in native i586-gnu builds, > hence the tarball. > > • The glibc ‘configure’ issue is worked around in a less invasive > way as I proposed earlier. > > • The GCC/libstdc++ patch application is likewise simplified, > without introducing a world rebuild. > > • ‘system*’ in Guile is fixed. > > • ‘linux-pam’ builds again on GNU/Hurd. > > If there are no objections I’d like to push that soonish so we can > move on with the branch. > > Thoughts? Just had a look and built locally. LGTM! Great work (even though it's still unfinished, but that's for another day). Best, -- Josselin Poiret