John Kehayias via Bug reports for GNU Guix writes: > This is a request to merge the recently created "mesa-updates" > branch. Currently there are just 2 patches on there, fixing/updating > mesa only. The main thing to see is how substitute building goes in > case anything breaks, but I'm hoping there isn't anything caused by > this update. > > I believe the "ruby-team" and "tex-team-next" [1] are ahead in the > queue, not sure the timing of where those are. In > addition/alternatively, would it make sense to have this branch as a > separate build job on Cuirass directly as the "kernel-updates" branch? > This would need a build roughly every month or so when mesa puts out a > new update, we check for breakages, and then merge to master with > substitutes available already. I think ruby-team should be merged in the next few days. There's quite a few changes in tex-team-next so that might take a little longer. QA should start building the branch automatically when ruby-team is merged, and I've created a specification on ci.guix.gnu.org for mesa-updates now. > I wasn't sure if this needs formal blockers in debbugs for the other > branch merge requests, let me know! I've gone ahead and reassigned this issue to guix-patches, rather than the guix package. It's a very minor distinction, but I think guix-patches is the right place for this issue. As for the blocking things, I don't think that's necessary at the moment. Thanks, Chris