Giovanni Biscuolo writes: > [[PGP Signed Part:Signature made by expired key D37D0EA7CECC3912 Giovanni Biscuolo (Xelera) ]] > Hi, > > Giovanni Biscuolo writes: > > [...] > >>>> The first thing we need is a server side git post-receive hook on >>>> Savannah, I've opened the sr#110928 support request: >>>> https://savannah.nongnu.org/support/index.php?110928 >>> >>> It's something that the Savannah folks would need to maintain >>> themselves, right? >> >> Forgot to mention that I'm pretty sure a post-receive server side hook >> is already running (and maintained) for our guix.git repo on Savannah, >> it's the one that sends notifications to guix-commits mailing list >> https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/guix-commits > > Regarding server side git hooks, I forgot to mention that on 2023-08-31 > a new commit-hook is available on Savannah (installation must be > requested per-project): > > git post-receive UDP syndication > https://savannah.gnu.org/news/?id=10508 > > > A new commit-hook is available to install for git repositories that will send a single Datagram via UDP after each successful commit. This can be useful for continuous integration (CI) schemes and elsewise when a push driven model is prefered to (e.g) regularly repolling upstream when changes may or may not have occured. > > To request installation please open a ticket with the Savannah Administration project: > > [...] > > The (sh, GPLv3+) post-receive script source, detail on how the Datagram is structured, and example "receiver" scripts (in perl) can be found here: > > https://git.sr.ht/~mplscorwin/git-udp-syndicate > > Maybe this hook is useful for comminication with the QA service(s). Not QA directly, but the Guix Data Service would benefit from supporting this, as that could supplement or replace listening for emails to determine when new revisions have been pushed. I've added an entry to the TODO list in the README.