The upcoming patches update diffoscope to 267, which requires a newer version of xz to pass the test suites (No, no, not the *evil* versions, just the same version that is in core-updates, 5.4.5! (although that version has shadows cast on it too due to involvement of a certain infamous internet identity, caveat emptor)). I made a versioned xz variant to avoid a world rebuild so we can update diffoscope before updating core-updates, hopefully I did it mostly right... :) Uhhh... so yeah, send in the clowns... er, patches! live well, vagrant