As you can see, there are many odd files in the "…/share/emacs/site-lisp/guix.d/mmm-mode-0.5.4" directory. So I suggest to add a phase for deleting non-".el[c]" files from the ".guix.d/package" directory. And just in case: I have nothing against GNU ELPA repository (especially taking into account that it is the only "home" for some packages). I'm against melpa and melpa-stable, because: - Why should we rely on a third-party server that do something with the upstream files to produce a final tarball? - MELPA(-stable) is not usable anyway, because the tarballs of the same version are updated all the time, so the hash is being permanently changed. However, if a package from ELPA has a real upstream release that can be used with "gnu-build-system" (e.g., emms, auctex, mmm-mode), I think we should prefer it instead of importing it from ELPA. -- Alex