all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Graphs are cool
@ 2015-10-14 19:52 Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2015-10-14 19:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hello!

The ‘guix system’ command now supports two new sub-commands:
‘extension-graph’ and ‘dmd-graph’.  The former produces a Dot
representation of the service extension graph, while the latter produces
a Dot representation of the graph of dmd services (part of the
documentation pasted below.)

Comments welcome!

Personally I think it’s pretty neat.  :-)

Ludo’.

   The ‘guix system’ command has even more to offer!  The following
sub-commands allow you to visualize how your system services relate to
each other:

‘extension-graph’
     Emit in Dot/Graphviz format to standard output the “service
     extension graph” of the operating system defined in FILE (*note
     Service Composition::, for more information on service extensions.)

     The command:

          $ guix system extension-graph FILE | dot -Tpdf > services.pdf

     produces a PDF file showing the extension relations among services.

‘dmd-graph’
     Emit in Dot/Graphviz format to standard output the “dependency
     graph” of dmd services of the operating system defined in FILE.
     *Note dmd Services::, for more information and for an example
     graph.

* Re: Graphs are cool
@ 2015-10-15  8:28 ` Alex Sassmannshausen
From: Alex Sassmannshausen @ 2015-10-15  8:28 UTC (permalink / raw)