An idea crossed my mind: from a foreign distribution with Guix installed, run guix system init /mnt/etc/config.scm /mnt The documentation tells us that's not enough though: > With the target partitions ready and the target root mounted on ‘/mnt’, > we’re ready to go. First, run: > > herd start cow-store /mnt > > This makes ‘/gnu/store’ copy-on-write, such that packages added to it > during the installation phase are written to the target disk on ‘/mnt’ > rather than kept in memory. This is necessary because the first phase > of the ‘guix system init’ command (see below) entails downloads or > builds to ‘/gnu/store’ which, initially, is an in-memory file system. Is there a simple way to do this without `herd'? -- Pierre Neidhardt Do you think that illiterate people get the full effect of alphabet soup?