Divan Santana writes: > While talking about luks, is it normal/best practice to have the > passphrase on start up ask twice? Once for boot vol at grub, and once > for /root I suppose? Yes, entering the LUKS volume passphrase twice is normal, though I would love to hear about ways to improve it. As I understand it, both GRUB and Linux have to unlock the LUKS volume, and they do not by default coordinate in any way - that is why you have to enter it two times. I don't know how to arrange for a password to be entered only once, but I imagine that it may be possible, with varying degrees of security depending on the chosen solution. -- Chris