swedebugia writes: > On 2018-11-06 19:43, swedebugia wrote: >> Hi >> >> I stumpled on this hard-wrapping default behavior when editing >> .bash_profile on GuixSD >> >> It is super annoying. >> >> Could we disable it by default? >> >> According to the FAQ this exist: >> >> "With --disable-wrapping-as-root you can disable any hard-wrapping >> by default when the user is root, useful to prevent accidentally >> changing long lines in system configuration files." >> >> "  --disable-wrapping      Disable all hard-wrapping of text" >> >> We only compile with this: >> >> sdb@komputilo ~$ nano -V >> >>  GNU nano, version 2.9.8 >> >> snip >> >>  Compiled options: --enable-utf8 >> > We could do this also by adding the following to our core ~.bashrc > > alias nano="nano --nowrap" I don't use nano. But I think usually we want to stick with the default provided by upstream. Also, do you know how other distros handle this? Debian does disable wrapping by default. I think we can change it if many distros agree that the more sensible default is to disable wrapping. Personally though, I prefer wrapping because I can read all the text at once. I like to see the "whole picture" at once :)