Marco van Hulten writes: > Hello— > > One of the great features of Guix is that one can roll back his > profile. But I did a garbage collection (gc) that was too aggressive > such that a relevant old profile disappeared. I presume this is gone > forever. > > Is it possible to lock certain generations (of certain users) such that > 'guix gc' would not touch it? There are AFAIK two ways in which 'guix gc' can delete "live" profiles: 1. you used the '-d' option, which deletes old profile generations, optionally filtering on age 2. the profile was inaccessible/invisible to gc (e.g. on a mounted drive that was unavailable) Do either of these scenarios ring a bell?