Hi! At FOSDEM 2020 Ludovic explained to the world why Guix is better than other container formats (to put it mildly ;p). Possibly the only counter-argument to "Guix > Snap / Flatpak" is the size of the Guix containers. I also talked to Mathieu who has been working relentlessly on cross-compilation and embedded device support recently. He gave a presentation on Guix vs. Yocto at FOSDEM. But again, the main counter-argument is that Yocto allows for much smaller systems. (I think Mathieu has some figures.) Shall we start a work group to fix the issue? - Write a blog article to explain the issue and a detailed process on how to fix it. (Embed it to the manual.) - Improve the tooling. In my experience, guix graph is quickly unusable with a high number of nodes. Maybe d3.js could be leveraged to add a filtering system, or a way to click on nodes to hide them and all their children. - How do we compare to Nix? Other suggestions? -- Pierre Neidhardt https://ambrevar.xyz/