Maxime Devos writes: > [[PGP Signed Part:Undecided]] > Pierre Langlois schreef op di 29-03-2022 om 20:42 [+0100]: >> -@item Dependency-free so that the runtime library (which is written in pure C) > > It probably depends on glibc library, so strictly speaking this is > probably not technically correct ... but maybe good enough? Oh actually, looking at a generated parser.c file, that statement appears to be true, I was also surprised. The generated C code looks like a huge table of rules, so it's more data than code really. For example: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/tree-sitter/tree-sitter-c/master/src/parser.c I suppose it was easier to generate C code and compile it, rather than define a custom binary format. Thanks, Pierre