Hi! Liliana Marie Prikler writes: > Am Donnerstag, dem 07.09.2023 um 09:12 -0700 schrieb Vagrant Cascadian: >> I am much more comfortable with the "Fixes" convention of: >> >>   Fixes: https://issues.guix.gnu.org/NNN OK, I understand Vagrant's concerns: we need a _namespaced_ URI, but there is no need that URI is the URL of **one** of our current web interfaces, why not the other one? ;-) IMO this is an implementation detail we can easily fix once we find a consensus on introducing this requirement in the Guix guidelines on committing. > I like the idea, but we should also consider the bugs.gnu.org address > here as well as the convention of putting it into angular brackets. In > fact, I might even prefer it if the convention was > Fixes: Bug description > where bug description is a (possibly empty) name for the bug such as > "Emacs hangs when I press a key" or something. I agree that an (optional) bug description might be useful (could also be automatically added by some cool etc/committer.scm funcion?) I propose: Fixes: [optional bug description] where namespace is the package name, in our case "guix"; fo example: Fixes: Emacs hangs when I press a key WDYT? > As for when to send it, remember that we already send a bunch of mails > to guix-commits@gnu.org as our commit hook? I think it shouldn't be > too hard to search for the fixes line and send it to debbugs control. Do you please know whare to get that scripts, just to have a quick look and understand how we could eventually add a function for automatic bug closing? Thanks! Gio' -- Giovanni Biscuolo Xelera IT Infrastructures