all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Christopher Baines <mail@cbaines.net>
To: "Ludovic Courtès" <ludo@gnu.org>
Cc: "Philip McGrath" <philip@philipmcgrath.com>,
	 "Lars-Dominik Braun" <lars@6xq.net>,
	 "Brian Cully" <guix-devel@gnu.org>,
	 Christopher Baines <guix@cbaines.net>
Subject: Re: qa.guix delays in processing patches
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2024 14:50:40 +0100	[thread overview]

Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org> writes:

> Hi Philip,
>
> "Philip McGrath" <philip@philipmcgrath.com> skribis:
>
>> For some reason QA still doesn't seem to be working for
>> https://issues.guix.gnu.org/71203 (a Racket update I sent on May
>> 26), which I suspect may be related to this. Could someone take a
>> look?
>>
>> The page at https://qa.guix.gnu.org/issue/71203 says "Issue not
>> found: This could mean the issue does not exist, it has no patches
>> or has been closed." The page at
>> https://data.qa.guix.gnu.org/repository/1/branch/issue-71203 does
>> recognize the branch, but says "No information yet". The linked
>> commit page at
>> https://data.qa.guix.gnu.org/revision/2805bc613df06a726035ba19e9b60762487963ef
>> has one entry in the "Jobs" table, "created 2024-05-26
>> 06:07:51.458233".
>>
>> I have only surface-level familiarity with the QA system, so sorry if I'm missing something!
>
> As you may know, qa.guix is using separate hardware and software
> infrastructure from ci.guix, based on the Build Coordinator and the Data
> Service.
>
> It’s unclear to me why issues are sometimes seemingly not picked up.
> Chris, do you have more insight into this?

QA just looks at a small number of latest series [1] and those
associated issues so I'm guessing in this case the patch series was old
enough for QA not to be looking at it. This is mostly due to disk space
limitations for data.qa.guix.gnu.org.

1: https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/qa-frontpage.git/tree/scripts/guix-qa-frontpage.in#n154

Unfortunately the messaging is rather poor in this circumstance.