Federico Beffa writes: > On Sun, Feb 5, 2017 at 9:38 AM, Alex Vong wrote: >> Federico Beffa writes: >> >>> Hi, >>> >>> for some reason Guix can't find (gnutls) despite the module being >>> installed and usable in Guile: >>> >> Are you running guixsd or runnign guix on a foreign distro? > > I'm on Debian testing. > >> I personally run guix on debian and had the same problem. I solved the >> problem by building gnutls from source and installing it into >> /usr/local. The problem is debian's gnutls doesn't contain >> gnutls-guile. >> >> One might suggests to install guix's gnutls and build guix using it, but >> it doesnt't work for me, so I resort to building from source. > > I had a similar experience: I installed gnutls manually in /usr/local > and successfully compiled Guix. > > However, for various reasons, I then wanted to recompile Guix with > Guix (and remove the manually installed gnutls and Debian Guile) and > that's where I was struggling to make things work. I fixed things as > in my reply to Alex Kost. > I would try Alex Kost's method too, installing gnutls manually has the disadvantage of needing to track security update manually. I adopt that method only because I don't know a better one. Thanks Alex. > Thanks for your reply. > Fede