Oleg Pykhalov writes: > Hello Jorge, > > "Jorge" writes: > >> I would prefer to get Emacs 26 from Guix, which would be more >> automatic and would come configured to work with Guix-installed Emacs >> packages. > > Guix package collection provides only stable package releases for the > most part. There is no reason why we cannot also provide cutting-edge versions. We do this already for some packages. For example, see any of the following packages: guix package --search=. | recsel -e 'name ~ "-(git|next|dev|devel|cvs|svn)$"' Generally, it seems the trend is that we provide such development versions as separate packages. -- Chris