all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Alex Kost <alezost@gmail.com>
To: Pierre Langlois <pierre.langlois@gmx.com>
Cc: 33772@debbugs.gnu.org
Subject: bug#33772: StumpWM broken commands?
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2018 00:23:27 +0300	[thread overview]

Pierre Langlois (2018-12-18 17:34 +0000) wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Christopher Lemmer Webber writes:
>
>> Ludovic Courtès writes:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Christopher Lemmer Webber <cwebber@dustycloud.org> skribis:

>>> Pierre, does that ring a bell?
>>>
>>> Others on the mailing list reported being happy with the upgrade, but
>>> maybe they use different bits of StumpWM.
>
> Ah yes, I can reproduce this :-/. Both in GuixSD and with Guix on top of
> ArchLinux.  The 'gnew' command does work if you pass it the name of the
> new group as an argument, that's why I didn't notice this.  It should
> interactively ask for a name if you don't pass one so that's still a
> regression.
>
> Maybe that's a bug upstream? It would be good to try StumpWM 18.11 on
> another distribution to see if this is specific to Guix. I cannot
> install it on ArchLinux though at the moment.

I use StumpWM from git checkout (not from Guix) and I don't reproduce
this problem.  When I run "gnew", it asks me for a group name and
creates a new group without any problem.

I have built stumpwm from the latest commit (which is one commit after
18.11 release) and tried it on GuixSD and on ArchLinux.  Works for me
on both systems, so it's probably not an upstream bug.

--
Alex