Hi! "pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" skribis: > on a system newly installed from the 1.0.1 ISO image — on only some > reinstalls. Maybe it was my fault, but maybe not, it is kind of > spooky. Can others reproduce? No. (I did many installs in VMs before the release… :-)) Note that you can check by doing an install in a VM using the attached script. > The content of /etc/shadow was > > root:$6$vWBy92HZjt$P.g83qzyyuZ0AebfKjsS/gZV.1SlaMkUqsmsO9cP1yXtpsCIE.9gDNDtMVwZWa..wmvVNqjqgjg7OFhKadshF.:18036:::::: So a password was set, as expected. Maybe you tried the wrong password, or with the wrong keyboard layout? Thanks, Ludo’.