Mark H Weaver writes: > It wouldn't be sufficient to remove them. You'd have to restore the > previous settings. For example, if we remove the settings for PATH, > MANPATH, etc, without restoring the previous settings, I doubt that you > would be pleased with the results. I don't understand. Which previous settings? As far as I understand, activating a profile never _removes_ any value from environment variables. > It seems to me that the most natural approach to allow restoring the > previous environment settings is to launch a subshell when you activate > a profile. That subshell can then simply be exited to restore the > previous settings. I gave the example of EXWM, for which the user would like to change the profile but a subshell won't do since it won't reflect on the parent process, Emacs. All that said, this is just a suggestion, I can live without this feature. -- Pierre Neidhardt https://ambrevar.xyz/