zimoun writes: > Hi Ludo, > > On Tue, 21 Jan 2020 at 11:56, Ludovic Courtès wrote: > >> > The solution to your problem in my opinion is simply to expose just the >> > right amount of options through #:arguments for all build systems. >> > Would that be satisfactory to you? >> >> I think the issue of tweaking the build system and its implicit inputs >> must be addressed separately. We first need a good API to do that. >> When we have it, it’ll be nice and easy to drive it via package >> parameters. :-) > > Now I have a better understanding about "package parameters", I agree > that it is 2 separate stories. Hmm... but does it have to? It seems to me that we would gain a lot in keeping those parameters general enough and not separate the handling of the build system from the rest. It would be simpler and more powerful. -- Pierre Neidhardt https://ambrevar.xyz/