Leo Famulari writes: > On Sat, Mar 07, 2020 at 04:11:37PM +0100, Sebastian Schott wrote: >> * gnu/packages/python-xyz.scm (python-pymediainfo): New variable. > > Thanks for this patch series Sebastian! Overall it looks good... > > I only have one nitpick: > >> + ;; Skip the only failing test "test_parse_url" >> + (invoke "pytest" "-vv" "-k" "not test_parse_url") >> + #t))))) > > How does the test fail? We should add comments explaining why tests are > skipped, not just that they are fail so we skip them :) I did see this when reviewing the patches, but I didn't think to look at it like this. It's the proper question to ask though. Out of interest, I built the package without skipping that test, and that failure looks related to the test trying to access the network, so disabling it is probably justified. > And while you are adding that comment or fixing the test, can you rebase > the patches on the current master branch? They no longer apply due to > other changes in python-xyz.scm. If you have an up to date copy of master, this could be because I merged the patches a few hours ago. Thanks, Chris