Josh Marshall writes: > On Sun, May 17, 2020, 15:56 Marius Bakke wrote: > >> joshua.r.marshall.1991@gmail.com writes: >> >> > From: Josh Marshall >> >> Please add commit messages following the GNU ChangeLog style to your >> patches. >> > > How do I do that? This was in large part an exercise to clean up my > development and contribution practice. When doing 'git commit', add a one-line "title" for your change and mention the changed files and variables in the commit message "body". See the git log for examples.