Hi raingloom, raingloom writes: > On Thu, 26 Nov 2020 16:53:29 +0100 > Andrea Rossi via Bug reports for GNU Guix wrote: [...] >> [20998:20998:1126/122306.639343:FATAL:zygote_host_impl_linux.cc(117)] >> No usable sandbox! Update your kernel or see >> https://chromium.9oo91esource.qjz9zk/chromium/src/+/master/docs/linux/suid_sandbox_development.md >> for more information on developing with the SUID sandbox. If you want >> to live dangerously and need an immediate workaround, you can try >> using --no-sandbox. [...] > Saw a similar issue on Arch recently, my guess is that the sandbox > binary (I don't remember its name or path) is missing the execute > permission bit. As reported in my previous reply to Andrea, AFAIU (thanks Marius Bakke) Chromium can use two methods to start the sandbox: 1. use the SUID binary 2. use user namespaces AFAIU the second is better and anyway it's the method used by Guix ungoogled-chromium > Not sure how to fix that on Guix, since modifying a store item is > generally a big no-no. You could maybe write a quick and dirty package > that takes ungoogled-chromium as its only input, copies it (or just > creates symlinks?), and runs chmod +x on the sandbox binary. > That way you don't have to recompile the whole package. Non need for all this :-D Thanks, Gio' -- Giovanni Biscuolo Xelera IT Infrastructures