Hi, zimoun skribis: > Hi Ludo, > > On Thu, 11 Feb 2021 at 00:01, Ludovic Courtès wrote: > >> That’s because when using ‘-m’, transformations are not recorded. > > Yes. The question is: is it a conscientious choice or a missing > feature? [...] > For example, ’package->manifest-entry*’ is "Like > 'package->manifest-entry', but attach PACKAGE provenance meta-data to > the resulting manifest entry." (I have not tried.) Therefore, we could > have something similar with ’options->transform’, i.e., attach somehow > meta-data. > > Well, because the feature is missing, the story about #2 is incomplete. > And I would like to have a self-reproducible Docker image produced by > ‘guix pack’. > > This “missing feature“, is it a conscientious choice or an use-case not > thought yet? I looked into it more closely. It wasn’t really conscious. As you point out, we can have the ‘transformations’ property of manifest entries created automatically by default; the patch below does that. That way, the ‘transformations’ property is saved by default whether you use a manifest or the imperative model, and ‘--export-manifest’ and ‘-m’ are dual. How does that sound? Thanks, Ludo’.