all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Preparing the 1.4.0 release.
@ 2022-01-14 13:25 Mathieu Othacehe
From: Mathieu Othacehe @ 2022-01-14 13:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel

Hello,

As you may know we have started working actively on the next Guix
release.

* The release branch is available here:
  https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/log/?h=version-1.4.0

* It is built by Cuirass here:
  https://ci.guix.gnu.org/jobset/version-1.4.0

It would be great if we could coordinate and distribute the
effort. We need support to:

* Fix the bugs in this meta issue:
  https://issues.guix.gnu.org/53214

* Check the release machinery is still working by following those steps:
  https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/maintenance.git/tree/doc/release.org.

* Gather the list of changes between 1.3.0 and 1.4.0 in order to
  complete the NEWS file.

* It is planned to merge the wip-harden-installer branch in the
  version-1.4.0. Once done, we will need some help to test the
  installer.

Who's available to help :) ?

Thanks,

Mathieu

* Re: Preparing the 1.4.0 release.
@ 2022-01-18 15:12 ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2022-01-18 15:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mathieu Othacehe; +Cc: guix-devel

Hello!

Mathieu Othacehe <othacehe@gnu.org> skribis:

> As you may know we have started working actively on the next Guix
> release.
>
> * The release branch is available here:
>   https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/log/?h=version-1.4.0
>
> * It is built by Cuirass here:
>   https://ci.guix.gnu.org/jobset/version-1.4.0
>
> It would be great if we could coordinate and distribute the
> effort. We need support to:
>
> * Fix the bugs in this meta issue:
>   https://issues.guix.gnu.org/53214
>
> * Check the release machinery is still working by following those steps:
>   https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/maintenance.git/tree/doc/release.org.
>
> * Gather the list of changes between 1.3.0 and 1.4.0 in order to
>   complete the NEWS file.
>
> * It is planned to merge the wip-harden-installer branch in the
>   version-1.4.0. Once done, we will need some help to test the
>   installer.
>
> Who's available to help :) ?

I am!

Let’s keep in touch so we can all see how far we are from our
destination and bring more travelers on our ride.  :-)

Ludo’.