Mark H Weaver skribis: > ludo@gnu.org (Ludovic Courtès) writes: > >> Commit 5335c56 adds an ‘install-locale’ phase to gnu-build-system and >> the next one adds glibc-utf8-locale to the implicit inputs. >> >> During bootstrap, locales aren’t available so we’re still running on the >> C locale, which is fine in practice because we only get to deal with >> ASCII file names at that point and do not need UTF-8 for tests or >> anything. >> >> Commit 9cca706 adjust patch-and-repack to use UTF-8 as well when >> possible–i.e., not during bootstrap. > > Thanks! > > However, there's a missing piece: I think we should set LANG to the > chosen locale, otherwise the top-level guile builder will be the only > process that uses UTF-8. What do you think? Yes, why not. It’s not strictly necessary but it’s probably a good idea. Like this?