Marius Bakke writes: > Leo Famulari writes: > >> On Wed, Aug 24, 2016 at 11:26:28AM +0100, Marius Bakke wrote: >>> There are a couple of things going on in this thread: >>> >>> 1. Segfault on x86_64. This seems to have been resolved simply by >>> updating OpenBLAS. At least, I'm no longer able to reproduce it even >>> with LAPACK in inputs. So, that should fix the Hydra x86_64 build. >>> Can the OpenBLAS update be cherry-picked to master? >> >> I'd say it depends on whether the OpenBLAS users are building >> successfully on core-updates, but unfortunately core-updates is >> currently failing early in the bootstrap process [0]. Can you take a >> look at `guix refresh -l dlib` and pick some important looking >> applications to test with the updated OpenBLAS? > > I'm currently building the following openblas dependents: `libreoffice > bamm python-biom-format clipper shogun armadillo julia` and will try to > test BLAS functionality in some of them. Shogun failed to build in this run. I don't have time to investigate further, so picking the OpenBLAS update is not very appealing. Instead I opted to disable the test that fails with lapack (and without, on Hydra), since it's one specific openblas operation that is not unique to dlib. I think it's an acceptable tradeoff, to give users the full dlib functionality, and have the segfault "sort itself" when core-updates lands in master. >>> 2. i686 test failures. Updating OpenBLAS fixed 1/5 errors. The remaining >>> four are reproducible on 32-bit Ubuntu, so they do not seem Guix >>> related. Upstream has been notified. >>> >>> 3. ARM failures. I don't have ARM hardware to test on, but I'm guessing >>> it's similar to i686 (i.e. not directly Guix related). >> >> Maybe dlib is 64-bit only? If that's the case, we can disable it on >> those architectures. > > According to the developer[0], these targets should be supported. > > 0: https://github.com/davisking/dlib/issues/197 > > We could disable tests (at least the failing ones) on these platforms > until this issue is resolved. The mips64el target on Hydra times out > after 3600 seconds on one of the tests, but seems fine up to that point. > Some of these tests are fairly CPU heavy, so the timeout may be too low. Below is a patch which disables these tests (and the above segfault) for 19.1, rather than backporting the patches from dlib master branch. One note about the patch: I could not figure out how to pass the list of tests as arguments to `substitute*`, so currently it calls `substitute*` for each of them. Any tips to prevent this? It also no longer builds the main application twice for tests.