ludo@gnu.org (Ludovic Courtès) writes: > Chris Marusich skribis: > >> * gnu/packages/bootstrap.scm (bootstrap-binary): New procedure. >> (%bootstrap-bash, %bootstrap-mkdir, %bootstrap-tar, %bootstrap-xz): >> Use it to create these new packages, and export them. > > For ‘guix pack --bootstrap’, I believe we could avoid defining these > packages and simply use ‘%bootstrap-coreutils&co’ when ‘--bootstrap’ is > used. > > Would that work for you? > > I’m asking because we may not keep these 4 binaries around forever. %bootstrap-coreutils&co requires a network connection to build. Is it OK to use it in tests even though it requires a network connection? If it's OK, then I'll use it, but I thought we wanted to avoid relying on a network connection in tests, which is why I defined new packages that do not rely on the network. -- Chris