When working on the Shepherd, I found that in the build containers processes don't get reaped by pid 1. See https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=30637#29. This caused (and will cause) the Shepherd's tests to fail on some systems. Our guile-builder script should handle SIGCHLD and then use waitpid to reap the child processes. Here's my attempt at a patch to do that. I haven't been able to build anything with it because the computer I'm currently on is laughably slow. If someone else can check that you can still build with it I'd really appreciate it.