Oleg Pykhalov writes: > ludo@gnu.org (Ludovic Courtès) writes: > >> Pierre Neidhardt skribis: >> >>> Considering the importance of Emacs in this community, I think it would >>> make sense to provide a cutting-edge version. >> >> Do you mean a snapshot of the ‘master’ branch? >> >> We don’t do that usually, and I would instead suggest using >> ‘--with-source’ for people who would like that. >> >> What do people think? > > In case of ‘emacs’ package recipe, ‘--with-source’ doesn't work for a > snapshot of the ‘master’ branch. > > To build the ‘master’ branch you need to write a new package recipe. I > think it's not acceptable for a non-contributor in Guix. WDYT? This sounds like a job for the mythical "channel" facility. In the mean time, sharing package recipes for sticking in GUIX_PACKAGE_PATH like you did upthread seems like a reasonable workaround.