ludo@gnu.org (Ludovic Courtès) writes: > Could you clarify what the problem is? > > (Besides I agree with Mark that “make clean” should not delete files it > doesn’t know about.) I also agree. FYI, to delete everything and return to a pristine Git repository state, I usually do this: # Clean everything the Makefile knows about. make distclean # Clean everything Git doesn't track. git clean -dfx # Reset anything else back to whatever is in HEAD. git reset --hard Be careful though, because doing that is, of course, destructive. -- Chris