Hi Jeremiah, Jeremiah@pdp10.guru writes: [...] > and once I finally complete stage0; you would also have the blueprints > for making the virtual machine in hardware, so, if I don't get it wrong, every skilled engineer will be able to build an "almost analogic" (zero bit of software preloaded) computing machine ad use stage0/mes [1] as the "metre" [2] to calibrate all other computing machines (thanks to reproducible builds)? > hand toggle in the bits for the hex0-monitor the first bit of code have to be "manually" introduced in the machine, right? for the lazyer like me, what about a punched card? :-) > and have absolute proof that no trusting trust or Nexus > Intruder Class attacks have occurred in the creation of the binaries. I didn't know about Nexus Intruder attacks: could you please give me some links to the relevant bibliography? > Every issue anyone is willing to bring, I will publicly address until > all bootstrap roots (even on arbitrary hardware) lead to the proof that > these binaries are perfectly reproducible and that they only behave in > the manner explicitly specified by the standards to which they > conform. so, having the scientific proof that binary conforms to source, there will be noo need to trust (the untrastable) thank you! Ciao Giovanni [2] I still have not fully understood the relationship between stage0 and mes [1] https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metre -- Giovanni Biscuolo Xelera IT Infrastructures