Dan Frumin writes: >> Shouldn't we name this "dungeon-crawl-stone-soup"? >> > > Possibly, but the official packages from crawl.develz.org are called `crawl' and `crawl-tiles'. Maybe packagers use abbreviated names, often with underscores or simply no word separator. I think we should not follow what other packagers do, but rather what the _users_ expect. The full program name is much more certain to be known to the wider audience rather than some abbreviation that is only known to the set of developers / restricted community members. Guix follows Lisp's "hyphen-separated words" convention. I like it a lot and I believe it to be vastly superior since it give packages meaningful names. "crawl" matches both "crawl" and "dungeon-crawl-stone-soup". "dungeon crawl stone soup" does not match "crawl". At the end of the day, no need to restrict our wording if nothing forces us to ;) > Maybe it is good to add the abbreviation "DCSS" somewhere in the description tho? If DCSS is popular, why not. -- Pierre Neidhardt https://ambrevar.xyz/