Marlin, Marlin wrote: > Hi! I'm currently running the guix system, and would like to > start > the emacs daemon/server at boot. How can i do this? Not used to > shepherd yet. Unless you mean ‘at boot’ literally, this is best handled ‘at log-in’ through a separate (user) instance of El Shep. Unfortunately, this mode isn't currently integrated with Guix System and still underdocumented. Here's my set-up, which I thought I'd posted here before but can't find in the archives: ~ λ cat /home/nckx/.config/shepherd/services.scm (define emacs (make #:provides '(emacs) #:requires '() #:start (make-system-constructor "emacs --daemon") #:stop (make-system-destructor "emacsclient --eval \"(kill-emacs)\""))) ;; Other services (gpg, ibus, …) snipped. ~ λ cat /home/nckx/.config/shepherd/init.scm (load "services.scm") (register-services emacs gpg-agent ibus-daemon jackd) (action 'shepherd 'daemonize) ; send shepherd into background (for-each start (list emacs)) ; services to start automatically ~ λ grep -A1 shepherd /home/nckx/.xsession shepherd # user service manager exec dbus-launch --exit-with-session ssh-agent i3 Kind regards, T G-R