And... I have so many more questions! > ‘guix size’ and ‘guix gc -R’ show you the whole closure of the store > item, so you might not realize that some of the things that ought to be > direct dependencies are now in fact indirect dependencies. > > If sqlite ought to be a direct dependency and is now, in fact, an > indirect dependency, things won’t break right away: sqlite won’t be > deleted as long as next is live. > > But you’ll already run into problems: grafting will yield a broken next, > as in . I think the aforementioned issue is different: it's about store paths that are written within Common Lisp code, which only happens here for the next-gtk-webkit executable. This is not related to SQLite or others, which are visible to the reference scanner. I don't understand how grafting could cause a problem: next-1.3.1-lib would still be present, right? > Furthermore, sqlite might eventually vanish entirely from the closure of > next, as a consequence of changes in a dependency, and at that point > running the GC may remove sqlite and thus break next. ‘guix pack’ would > also produce an incomplete pack. If sqlite vanishes from the closure, it means the Next does not need it. Why would it be a problem then? -- Pierre Neidhardt https://ambrevar.xyz/