Hi Maxim! > I've used a full backup to migrate from hard drives in the past; it's > actually faster to sync drives than fetch packages off the internet, and > my system is exactly in the same *state* as it was left (including those > bookmarks in Icecat, those cached emails, etc.). > > Keep in mind that multiple subvolumes can be used to hold your 'home' or > other data partitons, making these individually easy to snapshot and > backup. I personally prefer to restore the home data (bookmarks, emails...) in a functional, declarative manner (for now via scripts, later maybe via Shepherd user services if I find time / money to work on this). It's more work, but if we get user services we could factor this work so that everyone benefits from it. -- Pierre Neidhardt https://ambrevar.xyz/