[+ guix-patches] Hello! Pierre Neidhardt writes: > I've reviewed and tested the patch: > > - review: 5/5 stars :D > - test: pass! > > I've tested the following: > > $ /home/ambrevar/projects/guix/pre-inst-env guix package -i emacs-2048-game emacs -p ~/temp/foo > $ cd ~/temp > $ env -i $(which bash) --login --noprofile --norc > bash-5.0$ /run/current-system/profile/bin/env DISPLAY=:1 emacs > > > Content of *Messages*: > > Loading /gnu/store/ghdkfqnvrxipp4ikakags5rl7flywb72-profile/share/emacs/site-lisp/guix.d/2048-game-20151026.1233/2048-game-autoloads.el (source)...done > For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a. > > > And > > M-x 2048-game RET > > works! I'm glad it works and fixes your use case :-). > Can we merge this on master? We have some 700 emacs packages that are > going to be rebuilt, but it's rather light for the build farm. What do > you think? I'm not worried about the 700 Emacs packages that will need to be rebuild, but I'd prefer to take a bit of time to let people comment on this non-trivial change. The new behavior (of not always loading stuff from the user profile and system profiles) is different and may break the flow of some people. For one, I think restarting my Emacs server (started at login) won't be enough to discover newly installed packages to my profile. Emacs-Magit may also be impacted, I haven't reviewed if it uses that autoload function from site-start.el. Refreshing an environment variable value for a process (such as Emacs) is not as convenient as re-scanning a directory. I'll let some time pass (2 weeks), and if nobody objects, I'll merge it to master. Thanks for the review! Maxim