Hi Reza, I tried running your script and it never reports updates. I am not completely sure about the API but I believe that you need to check the version of the entry of the package, not of the corresponding package in the manifest, or else you'll always find the same package version. The second issue is that you are only comparing version numbers, while packages can also get updated because the derivation has changed (e.g. some input has been updated). I don't know the API for that but my guess is that you could start inspecting guix/scripts/package.scm. Good luck! -- Pierre Neidhardt https://ambrevar.xyz/