Leo Famulari writes: > I'm having trouble with Guix packages using fonts from my Debian 10 > system after a core-updates merge. > > Using Inkscape from core-updates, the text I put in my SVG files fails > to display. When I look at the Inkscape 'Text and Font' tool, it shows > my chosen font with a red line through it, as though it can't find it. > It's similar with Hexchat; it no longer sees most of the fonts installed > by Debian. Just to be clear, these programs are able to find fonts you have installed through Guix, right? > The specific fonts in question are the URW fonts, aka the "PostScript > fonts", provided by Debian's gsfonts and gsfonts-x11 packages. Are those the only affected fonts? > $ fc-cache -rv [...] > /home/leo/.local/share/fonts: caching, new cache contents: 0 fonts, 0 dirs > /home/leo/.local/share/fonts: failed to write cache [...] > /home/leo/.fonts: caching, new cache contents: 0 fonts, 0 dirs > /home/leo/.fonts: failed to write cache [...] > fc-cache: failed FWIW the new fc-cache fails for me on Guix System too if I create these empty directories. Can you inspect 'fc-list ' with the new and old fontconfig? Are there differences?