Mark H Weaver writes: > Tobias Geerinckx-Rice writes: > >> Maxime Devos 写道: >>> Perhaps the "zfs" package can be split in an userspace package >>> (containing userspace binaries and libraries) and a kernelspace >>> component (containing the kernel module)? And let the kernelspace >>> component be unsubstitutable and the userspace component >>> substitutable? >> >> That's a very good idea if possible. > > I agree that this would be a fine solution. AFAIK the licensing problem is just for the kernel modules binaries (re)distribution, (obviously) not for the userspace binaries, so AFAIU this would be a fine solution. Meanwhile, what do you think about a temporary revert of commit 61ccd756e5ff73b2f8dc3449df537f1c5adb5872 to avoid causing GNOME users ZFS compilation upon update (if I correctly understand the issue)? Best regards, Giovanni. -- Giovanni Biscuolo Xelera IT Infrastructures