Hi Rafa, Rafa Gálvez writes: [...] >> is it possible that you are running a pre 2019-05-27 guix-daemon ? >> >> please can you tell us the result of this command: "sudo -E guix >> describe"? > > ~> sudo -E guix describe > guile: warning: failed to install locale > guix describe: error: failed to determine origin > hint: Perhaps this `guix' command was not obtained with `guix pull'? Its > version string is ea54133367aad77a9e941fba18fe57ab3e1ab5d9. OK, that commit is dated Wed May 22 00:00:06 2019 so your guix-daemon does not support lzip compressed substitutes /and/ gzip support has been removed on 2022/03/01 [...] > I tried to update the guix daemon, but it failed with this error: >> sudo -i guix pull This does not work because now substitutes are only available in lzip while your currently running daemon il "gzip only" [...] > Is there a way to reinstall guix on a foreign distro? If you are on Debian 11 or above you can install the guix deb package (and eventually upgrade guix-daemon with "sudo -i guix pull", but beware of the path used in guix-daemon.service in /etc/systemd/system/) > I couldn't find instructions on the manual, the only related thing it > says is that I shouldn't unpack guix on an working Guix system[0]. Sorry I cannot help on repairing this situation [...] Good luck! Gio' -- Giovanni Biscuolo Xelera IT Infrastructures